This post is going to be a little different than previous ones and relies partially on feedback from you! There’s going to be some changes coming in the New Year and I want to hear from all of you what you think of them!
1) Sunday posts will remain the same. Just like always, I will be talking about writing, giving tips, and talking about my experience as a writer.
2) Also remaining the same are Monday (Quote of the Week), Tuesday (Prompt of the Week), and Thursday (Poem of the Week) posts. These are things I enjoy doing and you seem to like them as well so I’m going to be keeping those.
3) Wednesday Book Reviews is where things start to change. I will still be reviewing books. I am a writing/book blog and that focus is not going to change. However, I will be adding film reviews on Wednesdays. Book reviews will come every other Wednesday (probably the first and third week of the month) while film reviews come on the second and fourth of the month.
I am doing this for two reasons. First, producing four-five well written and honest book reviews is something I’ve found I’m struggling with a bit. I don’t feel like I really have time to always get out what I want to and produce the material I would like. So I feel that cutting back a bit on the book reviews would take a bit of pressure off me and also help me to write better reviews. The second reason I am doing this is because writing film reviews is something I have wanted to try for a while now. It’s not something I ever really had a lot of practice with. I wrote one in ninth grade on a film I did not enjoy so you can probably imagine how that turned out. I think doing so now would be an interesting experience for me and it’s something I’m looking forward to trying.
4) There are two things I was thinking of adding to this blog. I had both ideas back in July when I first started here and I talked to a couple people and they said both ideas sounded interesting. But at the time I felt I already had a lot of content on my blog and didn’t want it to be overwhelming for myself or for readers right off the bat. But as we approach the New Year it’s something I’m considering more and more.
First thing would be a word, its definition and pronunciation.
Second is a name, its meaning, origin, and pronunciation.
These would either be weekly posts on their own, individual days.
Weekly posts on the end of Sunday post (Word) and Wednesday review (Name).
It could be a monthly thing. Ten words posted on the first Monday of the month (or something along those lines) and the same for ten names.
Or if none of you like this idea then I may keep it off this blog all together and post it on my Twitter, Facebook, and/or Tumblr.
5) This next thing will strictly be a Facebook/Twitter thing as it is a 365 day author challenge I am going to try and do. It’s not so much a challenge challenge as it is a challenge to myself to see if I can do it for 365 days. So if you’re interested in that go check out my Twitter and Facebook to keep updated on those things.
6) Finally! This is a really tentative thing and I haven’t 100% decided on whether or not I’m going to do this. I may be starting a second blog. There are things I would like to talk about that aren’t related to writing or reading. Rather, they’re things I’m really passionate about and would like to talk about them somewhere. Again, this is an iffy thing, but if I decide to do it I will definitely let you know!
I apologize for this post be so long (especially #4) and I highly appreciate any feedback any of you may have for me! Thank you so much to everyone who has followed or liked or commented or read on anything on this blog! It’s so amazing to me that people actually want to read what I post on here so thank you so much!
I hope you all have an amazing holiday season and I will see you in the New Year!
Are there any things you would like to see on this blog? Any topic you want more info on? A book I should read and review? Let me know and I will definitely check it out!